Tuesday, January 23, 2007

drum role please.......


above, you see one of my renderings from my Master's Report project... oh, if you don't already know, a Master's Report project is a conceptual design for a theatrical piece (play, musical, opera). My assignment was Metamorphoses, A Play by Mary Zimmerman. The scene depicted above is that of Eros being awakened by Psyche... it's my favorite. The play is about the struggle thru live to follow your heart (basically)... needless to say, i just received the evaluation of my project and it was.....



"The project presented is complete and of good quality for that of a third-year graduate student. The evaluator recommends and the faculty concurs that the student should receive a grade of superior."

Woo hoo!!!! I guess that means i can graduate! how do i feel? well, it's great to know that all of that hard work paid off. To receive so many compliments from a professor that has had nothing of quality to say to me for 3 years, is astonishing and gratifying. i am almost at the point of tears, actually.

another quote:

"The eight storyboards provided were some of the highest caliber images I have seen produced primarily by electronic means. Your choice of scenes was very good. The sense of light in these is good and your ideas for the individual scenes seem very appropriate."

I am so excited! i am actually going to be a M.F.A. graduate! now i just need to find a job....


4 comments:

melinda said...

Good for you!! How satisfying it must feel to get such positive feedback! And thanks to you I actually can leave our digital frame plugged in and not worry (my fear of electricty is slowly creeping away!)

Lori C said...

now you're are an alleged grown-up.

Jamili said...

YEA!!! go kali!!! This rendering really is awesome. it's about time your < bleep > advisor woke up to see your quality! :)

dena said...

YEA!!! you rock! congrats, sweets. i'm so proud of you!